The leaders at Beaufort are highly skilled and educated professionals who provide successful project guidance time after time, and, therefore, many are esteemed as leaders in the greater industries we serve. Our management team has earned an exceptional reputation among the clients we’ve worked with worldwide. The value we cultivate is evident in the success of the projects we’ve supported and what our clients have to say about working with us. This is the management team that accelerates medical innovation.
CHAIRMAN AND CEO, COFOUNDER
As cofounder, chairman and CEO, Al has provided the overall leadership and guidance that formed Beaufort’s business strategy, value proposition and operating model. His more than 30 years of financial management and business experience includes senior management positions in large and small companies. He has been directly involved in building Beaufort’s team of highly motivated and talented professionals and provided the capital to establish the company and finance its early operations.
Before founding Beaufort, Al served in the following positions:
- Landmark Communications Inc. as executive vice president and chief financial officer
- Great Bridge LLC (a Landmark open-source software startup venture) as president and CEO
- TeleCable Corporation as executive vice president and chief financial officer
At both Landmark and TeleCable, Al worked within ethical, disciplined and strategically focused businesses. He held a leadership role in analyzing and selecting corporate investment opportunities, making acquisitions and dispositions, and in setting business strategies. He was responsible for the overall business performance of various subsidiaries and helped operating managers develop strategies to expand their business, start new businesses and improve operating results.
Al holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the College of William and Mary in Virginia. Early in his career, he was a certified public accountant and served as an officer in the U.S. Navy.
Clay joined Beaufort in 2010 and is responsible for leading Beaufort’s global operations. Through her leadership, passion and vision, Clay successfully manages multidisciplinary teams that deliver creative and effective solutions to complex and evolving business challenges. Her ability to deftly align sales, marketing and operations while keenly understanding a client’s individual needs is a critical factor in helping Beaufort consistently deliver program success for its clients.
With more than 20 years of experience across a variety of industries, Clay has consulted and guided numerous organizations in the design and implementation of customer-focused and dynamic business strategies. This focus on seamless integration and tangible results has been a trademark of her career.
Before joining Beaufort, Clay held the following positions:
- Dominion Enterprises with successive positions leading to senior vice president of corporate strategy and business development
- Kraft General Foods as an associate brand manager
- First Union National Bank as a commercial banking officer
Clay holds a bachelor’s degree in religious studies from Davidson College and a Master of Business Administration from Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business.
Executive Vice President, Business Development, Cofounder
Schuyler has worked in the health care industry since 1977. His extensive knowledge regarding the business and product development challenges facing Beaufort clients was a key factor in the company’s formation and in the development of the company’s business strategy and value proposition. As a cofounder and member of the company’s board of directors, he has been devoted to serving Beaufort clients since 2004. Schuyler is responsible for assessing and managing new business opportunities as well as fostering ongoing client relationships. He is also a senior member of the team that develops Beaufort’s marketing and related materials.
Before founding Beaufort, Schuyler held the following positions:
- Bio-Reg Associates Inc. as vice president of marketing and sales
- Olsten Health Services as regional operations manager
- Vanguard Laboratories Inc. as president
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. as in-line and new products development manager
- Merck, Sharpe & Dohme Pharmaceuticals Inc. as in-line cardiovascular product manager
Schuyler holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing and management from Virginia Tech and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Georgia.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
John joined Beaufort in 2009 and oversees the organization’s financial operations including finance, accounting, contracts, legal, and information technology. In this role, John manages key systems and processes that support our operations in service of our clients.
- Continental Broadband as chief financial officer and head of corporate development
- Landmark Communications as new ventures director
- General Motors as senior financial analyst in the Global Treasury Office
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. as associate, supporting mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing transactions
At Continental Broadband, John grew the company from a small, unprofitable startup operation into a highly profitable, successful business serving business clients across the U.S. John holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Virginia and Master of Business Administration from Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business.
John R. Wilson Jr., PhD, MPH
Senior Vice President, Clinical Development and Quality Solutions
John has worked in the health care industry his entire career and has broad-based experience in clinical research and pharmaceutical manufacturing, regulatory strategy and compliance, and quality management. John has overall management responsibility for Beaufort’s quality oversight and clinical trial monitoring practices. As a member of Beaufort’s senior management team, he also has a leadership role in identifying and developing high-quality, customized solutions to clients’ regulatory, clinical development, quality management and manufacturing needs. These activities include clinical development and study design, clinical trial management, inspection readiness, regulatory submissions and cGMP and cGCP support.
Prior to joining Beaufort, John held the following positions:
- SociusRx LLC as CEO and founder
- Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation
- Chemicals Division as vice president of quality management, regulatory affairs and human resources
- Prescription Drug Division as director of medical administration and GCP regulatory compliance
- Prescription Drug Division as regional manager and clinical research associate
John holds a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences from Centenary College of Louisiana, a master’s degree and a Ph.D. in health policy from Rice University and an MPH in health services management from Columbia University.
Robert Di Tullio
Senior Vice President, Global Regulatory Services
Robert is an accomplished regulatory affairs professional with over 40 years’ experience in the in vitro diagnostics industry with the last 28 years focused in regulatory, clinical and quality management. As Beaufort’s senior regulatory expert, Robert provides vision, strategic insight and leadership to promote commercial success for our clients while ensuring compliance with global regulations and initiatives. He is responsible for planning and managing engagements that involve regulatory issues in a manner that delivers the best solution for our clients.
Before joining Beaufort, Robert held the following industry positions:
- Alere as vice president of global regulatory and clinical affairs
- ProteoGenix as vice president of regulatory, quality and clinical affairs
- Sequenom as vice president of regulatory, quality and clinical affairs
- Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics as vice president of global, regulatory and clinical affairs, and quality systems
- Diagnostic Products Corporation as
- Vice president of regulatory and clinical affairs and quality systems
- Vice president and director of quality and regulatory affairs
Robert holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Saint Joseph’s University. He is currently the industry liaison to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Advisory Committee (CLIAC). Robert is also a long-time member of the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS). He was the co-chair of the AdvaMed Diagnostics Task Force from 2007 to 2013, and was an advisory board member for the medical device graduate degree curriculum at the University of Southern California.
Trish Landry, MBA, RAC, CCRP
Vice President, Clinical Operations
With more than 20 years’ experience navigating regulatory processes and managing clinical trials, Trish oversees all aspects of Beaufort’s clinical operations and helps clients implement clinical programs and regulatory affairs strategies. She coordinates domestic and international clinical trial programs, focusing on protocol development, data collection and management, CRA training and management, investigator selection, recruitment and training, site initiations, periodic monitoring and close-outs as well as clinical study report preparation. She also has extensive experience in the preparation of multiple U.S. regulatory submissions and has effectively led FDA GCP and QSR inspections.
Before joining Beaufort, Trish held the following positions at:
- The Weinberg Group, Inc. and M Squared Associates, Inc. as a senior level consultant and program manager
- The American Red Cross/Baxter Healthcare Corporation and Nova Pharmaceutical Corporation as a clinical research associate
Trish holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and microbiology from Bowling Green State University and a master’s degree in business from Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business and Management. Additionally, she holds a Regulatory Affairs Certification and is a Certified Clinical Research Professional.
Sheri Lohman, PMP
Director, Business Process Improvement
As the director of business process improvement, Sheri focuses on project excellence, quality management and business operations to help clients meet their program objectives. A skilled project manager, Sheri is responsible for directing internal quality assurance functions, leading continuous improvement efforts, conducting business analysis and overseeing the project management office. Sheri’s experience includes creating product launch plans, developing strategic and operational road maps, constructing analytical methods and tools and leading large cross-functional teams.
Before joining Beaufort, Sheri held the following positions at:
- MedImmune, a division of AstraZeneca, as senior manager of operations strategy
- Booz Allen Hamilton as management associate and senior consultant
- Northrop Grumman as operations research analyst
Sheri holds a bachelor’s degree in industrial and systems engineering from Virginia Tech and a master’s degree in business administration from George Mason University. Additionally, she is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Six Sigma certified.